If you haven’t been to Richmond KY in the past months or even years, you are missing out on shopping, eating and entertainment opportunities that have been recently added to our scenic and historic home. We’d like to reacquaint our friends from Lexington, Georgetown, Nicholasville, Versailles, Midway, Paris, Winchester, Irvine, Berea, Lancaster and all of Central Kentucky with what Richmond KY has to offer. For most of our above-named neighbors, we are just a 20-30 minute ride to our store. And for those who haven’t yet made the trip, we’d like to tell you why Soft Shoe and our beautiful city is worth the trip.
Top Five Reasons you need to Visit Soft Shoe & Richmond
First of all, Soft Shoe carries a large selection of high-quality brands that most of our competitors do not. Where else can you find the following all under one roof?
… Shoes, boots and sandals from Chaco, Birkenstock, Aetrex, Ecco, Mephisto, Merrell, Keen, Naot, Spring Step, Hunter, Cobb Hill, Fly London, Clarks, Toms, Teva, Vionic, Pikolinos, Ugg, Sperry, Tamaris, Johnston & Murphy, and Dansko?
… Running shoes from Asics, Brooks, Nike, On, Hoka One One, Skechers, Saucony?
… Apparel and outerwear from Patagonia, Southern Fried Cotton, Southern Marsh, North Face, Simply Southern, Flybird, True Grit and more?
… Bags from Kavu, Frye, Hobo & Ugg?
… Kids shoes from Keds, Sanuk, Native, See Kai Run, Stride Rite, Skechers?
… Socks & Insoles from Aetrex, Darn Tough, Feetures!, Fits, Powerstep, Smartwool, Sockwell, Socksmith and Swiftwick?
… And work boots from Smoky Mountain Boots, Ariat, Carhartt, Caroline, Cat, Timberland Pro, Red Wing Shoes, Carolina, Rockport, Rieker, Muck, Rocky, Dr. Martens, & Wolverine?
… and much more!
And each shopping visit at Soft Shoe is an opportunity for a FREE foot scan with Albert! Albert is the latest technology foot scanning system, by Aetrex Worldwide Inc. This new foot scanner, which arrived at our store in early August 2017, features 18 digital cameras, 960 infrared LEDs and receptors, and over 5,000 gold plated barometric sensors. After a comprehensive foot scan, our staff will know better how to match the right orthotic or shoe with your foot, so you will find more comfort as you walk, work, play, stand and run. [Meet Albert]
Second, we have award winning customer service that you won’t find at the big box chains or big city stores. For three years in a row, we have won Footwear Insight’s national GOLD MEDAL SERVICE AWARD for “Outstanding Customer Service”. They send out secret shoppers and rate independent shoe stores on 20 separate criteria. Nationally, we came in at number 5 with a score of 100 points, and we are the only shoe store in Kentucky on the list. [National Footwear Insight 2017 Gold Medal Awards]. We also have consistently won “Best Shoe Store” from the Richmond Register’s Best of the Best Awards for as long as they have been hosting their community survey. [Get to know our staff!]
Third, we are an easy ride from anywhere in Central Kentucky, being just under 2 miles from Exit 87 on Interstate 75. From Lexington I75 Exit 104, we are just 18.9 miles away or 20 minutes, so most of your trip from Lexington will be easy riding highway miles, rather than fighting the city traffic.
- From 40502 … 26.4 miles
- From 40503 … 29.1 miles
- From 40504 … 32.2 miles
- From 40505 … 28.7 miles
- From 40506 … 27.6 miles
- From 40508 … 32.1 miles
- From 40509 … 21.2 miles
- From 40510 … 37.4 miles
- From 40511 … 33.9 miles
- From 40512 … 34.1 miles
- From 40513 … 35.4 miles
- From 40515 … 20.4 miles
- From 40514 … 31.5 miles
- From 40515 … 20.4 miles
- From 40516 … 30.1 miles
- From 40517 … 26.6 miles
- Get Directions from Lexington.
We are also very close to many Kentucky towns and cities are that are “shoe deserts” (urban areas deficient in quality shoe stores). So here’s a list of local towns, their distance to Soft Shoe, and directions:
- Georgetown KY … 42.6 miles (Get directions)
- Berea KY … 15.1 miles. (Get directions)
- Lancaster KY … 21.3 miles (Get directions)
- Paris KY … 44.3 miles (Get directions)
- Nicholasville … 33.5 miles (Get directions)
- Winchester … 23.6 miles (Get directions)
- Midway … 44.3 miles (Get directions)
- Irvine … 19.1 miles (Get directions)
- Stanford … 29.2 miles (Get directions)
- Versailles … 42.4 miles (Get directions)
Fourth, we have plenty of FREE parking (at the door)!! No worries for rain, shine or humid weather because you can park just feet from our door. Our parking is more than ample for our store and local retail neighbors, with easy access right off the Eastern Bypass, just past EKU’s campus.
Fifth, there is so much to do while you’re here at Richmond KY! Here at Richmond KY, we have something for everyone, whether you love history or nature, antiquing or golfing, shopping or stargazing, there’ll be something here to catch your fancy. You’re missing out if you’re haven’t visited Richmond lately. Richmond is expanding, with a growing focus on everything local! So whether shopping, eating, drinking or exploring … here’s a long list of local businesses that continue to support, drive and promote our community.
- Adorabelle’s: Affordable, adorable women’s boutique located in downtown Richmond!
- Big T Garden Gifts & Antiques: Quality antique furniture, glassware and gifts.
- Chestnut Tree Gallery: A Fine arts and crafts gallery located in downtown Richmond. Offering original works of art from over fifty Kentucky Artists and more.
- Cottage on Main: A unique shop in Richmond, Kentucky that specializes in reused, recycled furniture and accessories. We update each pieces by hand using Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan giving them a one of a kind look.
- Cuff to Collar: Men’s Clothing Store.
- Currier’s Music World: Est. 1967. Gifts and instruments. Guitars, keyboards, drums and band instruments. Sheet music and musical gifts available.
- Four Sisters Soap & Tea Emporium: They are a small boutique that features our own handcrafted goats milk soaps, lotions & more.
- Fox on Main: a family operated boutique store with a variety of unique handmade items. They pride themselves in quality craftsmanship and cutting edge design.
- Jillian’s Speciality Gifts & Fine Wines: Jillian’s is a unique boutique that offers the latest & greatest gifts for all occasions, including fine wine & spirits, candies, KY Proud delicacies, and locally made items.
- Leed’s Fine Jewelry: Handcrafted Gold and silver gifts, KY agate jewelry, KY artisan jewelry, paintings and prints.
- Mini Mee Boutique: retail apparel store offering the Cutest Clothes for YOU and your Mini Mee!
- Olive You Boutique: Olive You is a women’s clothing boutique that can outfit “All Of You.” Here, you will find something unique and special for women of all ages–teenagers, college students, mothers and grandmothers!
- Purdy Embroidery: a family owned and operated embroidery and screen printing business here to help you find the perfect product that matches your goals and budget; with a large selection of quality products, competitive prices, and extremely dedicated customer service. They offer everything from basic polos, custom caps, and custom t shirts to high-tech performance gear and a variety of promotional items.
- TWINE Market and Design: Located in Downtown Richmond, Kentucky, Twine offers a uniquely fresh collection of gifts, clothing, decor, and design.
- Apollo Pizza & Beer Emporium: Voted Best Pizza in Madison County in by readers of The Richmond Register. Their menu is eclectic, our beer selection is extensive. Local craft beer is always on hand at our Downtown location. They have an “Almost” Gluten-Free Pizza and Gluten-Free beer available.
- Babylon’s World Famous Gyros: Excellent gyro’s at a great price. Offer a variety of gyro’s, sandwiches, soups and desserts. Authentic Greek cuisine.
- Brady’s Sushi & Hibachi: Brady’s is a family owned and operated Japanese restaurant that specializes in traditional sushi rolls, innovative Poke bowls, and delicious hibachi, crafted using only the freshest ingredients. Their family is a veteran in cooking Asian cuisine, bringing years of experience to the table.
- The Bistro at Chenault Vineywards: Fine dining with seasonal menus for brunch, lunch and dinner dishes by Chef Ranada.
- Four Sisters Soap & Tea Emporium: They also have a tea room for organic tea, soups, breakfast & lunch.
- Garlic Head’s Bistro: Fresh. Local. Authentic. Garlic Head serves inspired Italian dishes prepared to order. Hand-crafted pizza & pasta makes this a local favorite.
- Giovanni’s Pizza: Pizza, calzones and more. Dine in, carry out and delivery. Lunch and dinner buffet daily.
- Jackson’s: Offers a daily buffet complete with meat and country style vegetables. And their homemade pies and desserts are to die for.
- Khin’s Sushi: There is a lighter, more exotic meal awaiting you at Khin’s Sushi. You can select from a full menu of fresh rolls that are available for dine-in or carry-out.
- Purdy’s Coffee Company: They serve some of the best coffee, sandwiches, and baked goods out of a charming 19th century building in downtown Richmond.
- Sidelines: Casual Dining in Richmond, KY serves American-style cuisine with plenty of TV’s saturating our restaurant for you to view your favorite sporting event.
- Smitty Southern Style BBQ: Offering some of the best slow-cooked southern style BBQ. They proud ourselves on pulled pork, ribs and brisket.
- Straight from Texas BBQ: Straight From Texas Bar-B-Que was conceived in The Great State and born here in KY from their love of sharing great bar-b-que. Their exclusive wood only smoking process and hand mixed rubs produce a taste and texture that is uniquely Texan.
- Thai Smile: Thai Smile is not just about outstanding cuisine… it is about exploring Thai culture.
- Vintage 18: a distinctive restaurant that represents a refined style eatery and bar. They offer a unique menu with in house cocktails, bourbons and wines.
- Bluegrass Barrel House: Great Beer & Bourbon, Great Friends, Awesome Times at BBH!
- The Copper Still: restaurant & bar in Downtown Richmond
- Gillum’s Sports Lounge: Sports bar and grill. Variety menu.
- Madison Garden: Variety menu and sports bar atmosphere. Features seven televisions.
- Paddy Wagon Irish Pub: Authentic Irish atmosphere with large outdoor patio. Wide variety menu. Watch and listen to musicians as they sing and play on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Richmond Beer House: Richmond’s premier craft beer bar. 10 KY beers on tap (rotating), 2 dom. and 2 out of state craft beers on tap + other cans/bottles from around the world!
- Smokin Joe’s Sports Bar & Grill: Bar games, happy hour food and live music.
- Third Street Tavern: Friendly bar with live music
- Water Main Bar: Richmond’s newest bar where the night life begins. Best Tiki bar in town, live DJs, and a two tier dance floor. A 21+ establishment.
- Battle of Richmond Visitors Center & Battlefield Park: The Rogers House serves as the Battle of Richmond Visitors Center. It was surrounded by fighting during the Battle of Richmond on August 29 and 30, 1862. Pleasant View, the home of the Armstrong Family, served as a hospital during and after the Battle of Richmond. Home and original slave quarters are located in Battlefield Park.
- Chenault Vineyards: Located on 470 acres of beautiful Kentucky countryside, Chenault Vineyards is located 30 minutes south of Lexington among the beautiful hills of Richmond, Kentucky. Walking Trails and Vineyard tours open to the public (call ahead).
- EKU Center for the Arts: Central Kentucky’s premier arts and entertainment venue. Visit Eastern Kentucky University’s performing arts center for tickets to the best in live entertainment, theater, and music concerts.
- EKU Crabbe Library and Archives: Genealogical research and library archives.
- Fort Boonesborough State Park: features a reconstructed fort on the banks of the Kentucky River with on-site crafts such as candle dipping, pottery turning, lye soap making and welding. Also offers two gift shops, a junior Olympic-size swimming pool, miniature golf, camping sites, a sandy beach, picnic shelters, nature trails, historic Lock and Dam #10 on the Kentucky River and more.
- Gibson Bay Municipal Golf Course: This 18-hole, par 72, championship, 7200-yard public golf course was designed by internationally renowned Michael Hurzdan. Built by Paul Clute & Associates. Features 33 bunkers, a driving and putting range, plenty of water hazards, rollings greens, 4-5 tee boxes at each hole.
- Hummel Planetarium and Space Theater: Largest planetarium of its kind in Kentucky.
They are open Mon-Fri 8 to 4:30 for private showings.
- Madison County Barn Quilt Tour: Madison County Barn Quilt Tour is a driving tour for the quilt squares hanging throughout Madison County. KFW proudly supports the Madison County Quilt Trail, a lasting legacy of an important art form binding eastern Kentucky women across place and time. The Quilt Trail honors the power of women’s art to strengthen families and communities in Kentucky.
- The Richmond Area Arts Council (RAAC): An active arts council within the community and region allows for business to flourish and provides a rich cultural environment for citizens. The RAAC offers many arts activities for children and adults within our community.
- Richmond Downtown Walking Tour of Homes: A self-guided walking tour booklet featuring over 70 historical buildings, homes and churches. Available at Richmond Visitor Center.
- White Hall State Historic Park: Home of Cassius Marcellus Clay, fiery emancipantionist, Publisher and U.S. Minister to Russia. This State historic Site features a 44-room Italianate mansion, shaded picnic areas, gift shop, outside slave quarters and cook buildings.
*For more attractions, dining and shopping, please visit: http://richmondkytourism.com. When you’re posting your Richmond KY photos to your social media, don’t forget the hashtags #myrichmond and #mysoftshoes!
We welcome you at Soft Shoe. Stop in our store and we’ll be happy to offer local recommendations and help you find the perfect shoes, apparel and accessories for your adventures.
MAP TO SOFT SHOE
Get directions from wherever you’re located in Central Kentucky. We welcome you!!