Facts About Breast Cancer In The United States
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
Because of these daunting statistics, Soft Shoe is more than happy to sponsor the Paint the Town Pink campaign hosted by Baptist Health Richmond, which supports local cancer charities and spreads breast cancer awareness across the community.
The 10th Annual Paint the Town Pink will be October 1-October 31. Paint the Town Pink is a month-long celebration to raise awareness about cancer to both men and women as they shop, dine and visit their daily and weekly businesses. Due to community support, Paint the Town Pink has donated more than $94,000 to local cancer charities since it was founded in 2009!
The goals for Paint the Town Pink are:
- To encourage all women in our community, aged 40 and older, to have their annual mammogram.
- To raise money for local cancer charities.
- To make a difference in the lives of those in our community.
- To come together as a community for a cause!
Community members are encouraged to help Paint the Town Pink too! This year, members of the community can purchase Paint the Town Pink t-shirts at Merle Norman Cosmetics or Soft Shoe. T-shirts go on sale Friday, September 28!
The Kick-off event is the Paint The Town Pink Coffee Hour & Kick Off, where you can buy your Paint the Town Pink tee shirt, enjoy breakfast and coffee on us, networking and enjoy shopping our great Fall deals.
- Location: Soft Shoe, 805 Eastern Bypass, Suite 8, Richmond KY
- Date & Time: Friday, September 28, 2018 at 7am to 9am
Here are some other Paint the Town Pink events in our community:
*If you would like more information on how you can get involved please contact Sara Stringfield at 859.625.3675 and firstname.lastname@example.org. See their Facebook page: https://business.facebook.com/PaintTheTownPinkRichmondKY/