Beat the Winter Blues at Soft Shoe
So Spring doesn’t officially start until March 20th but here at Soft Shoe, we have Spring Fever with new styles, new brands and new Spring colors in our North Face, Patagonia, Simply Southern, Southern Marsh, UK, EKU and Spring shirts, dresses, shorts and sportswear. By mid-February, the Holiday rush and our New Years’ resolutions have faded into memory … so we are ready to welcome Spring.
Many of us experience various degrees of the Winter Blues, including those suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) which a recent study showed that up to 25% suffer from various degrees in the U.S. So how can we beat the Winter blues* as we anxiously await these last few weeks of Spring?
- Keep Active: Bundle up, wear a comfortable pair of shoes and get outside for an hour-long walk in the middle of the day.
- Bring Outside Indoors: Get outside as much as you can when the weather allows it. If stuck inside, open the shades and curtains to allow the most amount of natural light and sit near the windows every chance you can.
- Eat Healthy: A healthy diet will boost your mood, give you more energy and stop you putting on weight over winter by limiting your carbohydrates, add lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, and choose lean meats and fish.
- Get Social: It’s been shown that socializing with friends & family is good for your mental health and helps ward off the winter blues.
- Plan Ahead: Make vacation plans or day-trips for the weeks ahead, so you can start looking forward to better and brighter days. Get ready for outdoor activities by purchasing quality, comfortable gear for running, hiking, biking, outdoor sports and just playing outside, so you’re ready when the Spring weather arrives.
- Shop at Soft Shoe: We now have a huge inventory of Spring colors and styles in our apparel, shoes, and accessories. Just walking into the store with our cheerful product displays and being greeted by our friendly staff will surely brighten your day.
Spring line of Chacos & Birkenstocks are here!
Chacos and Birkenstocks are two great Spring and Summer sandal brands we carry, that are special favorites among our EKU and UK students. The Spring lines of each brand have just arrived at Soft Shoe!
Birkenstocks, made in Germany since 1774, with a high level of hand-crafting, using select, high-grade, and long-lasting materials. Birkenstock invented the contoured footbed, introducing the concept in the 1930’s for anatomically shaped insoles with incredible support. Their shoes are made to last forever with environmentally friendly materials and manufactured with green energy methods. They contour to your foot for the ultimate unrivaled comfort and support with more toe room, raised toe bar, deep heel cup, shock absorbing sole and cork footbed. Birkenstock sandals are also versatile for Spring and Summer style, that can be worn with athletic wear, a casual look of jeans and tee shirt, or with a bohemian maxi-dress or poncho sweater.
Chacos, were founded by Mark Paigen in Colorado, who created the classic “Gecko” sandals. His focus is on maximum comfort and durability with suction-padded soles for those who are the outdoorsy type. Chaco sandals and flips are ready for water, trail, and everything in between. Chaco hiking sandals provide function and support for all your outdoor adventures. Plus, their sport sandals come in a variety of styles, colors, and fits, so you can find the perfect footwear for any occasion. Power your next adventure with sandals, flip flops, and shoes built to perform in style with Chacos. With Chacos, you can accomplish a super casual and functional look for a day of camping or adventuring outdoors. (Keep a look our for our Chaco giveaway on Facebook and Instagram.)
Come into Soft Shoe and let our staff find the perfect shoe or sandal for whatever adventure you’re planning this Spring!
Here’s a preview of our Spring Line of Birkenstock and Chacos:
Here is a preview of our Spring apparel:
Soft Shoe in Richmond KY is so much more than shoes, as we carry a full line of apparel, sportswear, outerwear and accessories. Our inventory moves quickly and changes every season, so don’t miss these great looks that have just come in for Spring 2017:
*Get professional help and advice from a medical doctor if you are suffering from SAD or any form of depression.