“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
The Hardest Job in the World – Motherhood
The most underappreciated but most precious and necessary job in the world is that of a mom. Mothers are overworked, stressed, exhausted and often work every waking hour of the day without so much of a “thank you”. Yet they enrich our life, take care of our needs, kiss our boo-boos, wipe our tears, teach us values, and defend us by enemies seen or unseen. How can we thank the mothers, grandmothers, stepmothers, aunts and the female role models in our lives? How can we get the women in our lives to understand that even though we may forget to say ‘thank you’ most days, we cannot live without them?
This year, Mother’s Day falls on Sunday, May 12th. Regardless of your budget, there are always plenty of ways to show your mother, grandmother, aunt or the mother of your children how much she means to you.
Show Her How Much She is Valued
There are so many ways to show our mothers how much we appreciate them without spending a dime on Mother’s Day or any day of the year:
- Cook your mom a breakfast or her favorite meal of the day. Choose her favorite foods, with healthy and quality ingredients that she’ll appreciate. The presentation is as important as the meal so decorate the table or tray with flowers, a handwritten note and pretty plates and glassware.
- Make a collage of her favorite photos. Consequently, her favorite photos will include you as well as her other children, family members, spouse and parents. Include pictures of special memories, past holidays, birthdays, family trips, special moments and always choose photos that put your mom in the most flattering light. You can print the photos and arrange on poster board; or create an online collage or slideshow.
- Tell her how much you love her. Nothing is as special as your personal words of what she means to you in a handwritten note, card or stationary. You can write a poem if you’re feeling creative, but its your words that mean the most so speak from the heart and tell her not just that you love her but why. Include some private jokes, funny times together or special memories that you shared. Trust me, this note will be treasured forever.
- Plan a day or outing together. Your time is the most precious gift you can give her, so invite her to a picnic, walk in the park, a coffee or meal at her favorite cafe or restaurant, a day together at home watching her favorite movie or TV show, or just spend time talking together. She will love just being with you.
- Help her out with a chore or errand. Your mom has spent endless hours cleaning after the family’s messes, shopping for groceries, driving her kids to sports games and supporting school functions. Now you can return the favor by helping her out with her least favorite chore, volunteering to clean her house, or run her errands. Again volunteering to do any of these chores with her will not only alleviate her load but share some quality time with her.
- Give Mom a Day Off. If the kids are still small or at home, give her a day off by taking care of the kids, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, cooking the meals, running the errands so you can truly walk a mile in her shoes for the day to truly understand how much she does each day. Meanwhile, give her the day off so she can rest, sleep, shop, hit the spa, get a massage, relax and just kick her feet up for the day.
“When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.” – Mitch Albom
Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day at Soft Shoe
While there’s so many non-material ways to show the mothers in our life how much we care, it’s also nice to show her with a well-thought out and quality gift that you know she’ll enjoy for years, as well as show off to her friends. So, we got you covered at Soft Shoe with a variety of items from shoes, apparel, jewelry, mugs and cups, keychains, tee shirts, bags, purses, wallets, notebooks, frames, reading glasses, pins, phone sleeves, pony holders, tumblers, accessories and so much more.
“A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Meymillod
Take a peak at some Mother’s Day gift ideas at Soft Shoe:
Gifts & Personalized Items
Jewelry including Pendants, Necklaces, Bracelets, Earnings & Gingersnaps Jewelry
Apparel. Tee Shirts & Accessories
Enter our VIONIC® GIVEAWAY for MOTHER’S DAY
We want to thank the mothers, grandmothers, and female role models of our community with a Mother’s Day Giveway of one (1) pair of Vionic Shoes for a lucky mother. Nominate a special ‘mom’ in your life and show us how much she means to you. The winner will choose any pair of Vionic shoes in stock at Soft Shoe.
How to enter:
- Leave a comment below, where it says “Leave a Reply”. Tell us why your mother or woman in your life is so special and why she deserves a free pair of Vionic shoes from Soft Shoe. Include your name and the name of the ‘mom’ in your life.
- The comments will be read and the winner will be selected randomly by the Soft Shoe staff.
- The Giveaway starts today and runs through May 9th at 12:00pm EST.
- You must enter by Thursday, May 9th at 12pm (noon). Comments after that time will not be considered.
- Winner will be announced on Friday, May 10th by noon.
- Participants must be 13 years or older and able to pick up their prize at our store in Richmond KY.
- GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED.
- Linda McGuire!! Read her and her daughter’s inspiring story below.
About Vionic® Shoes
Vionic’s mission began with the work of renowned podiatrist Phillip Vasyli. A pioneer and innovator in the field of lower-limb biomechanics, Vasyli treated thousands of patients, ranging from young children to amateur and professional athletes. Known by friends and colleagues as a “born healer,” he had a genuine passion for making orthotic treatment more affordable and accessible to people in need of pain relief.
Vasyli’s creation revolutionized the industry and paved the way for limitless innovation in the footwear field, laying the groundwork for Vionic’s stylish range of shoes, sandals, boots and orthotics. A groundbreaking study shows Vionic sandals effectively alleviate heel pain.