- A Preview of our Spring/Summer Collection
- A list of Festivals in Central KY
- Our Spring Birkenstock Giveaway
Spring is Here … regardless what the Thermostat Says!
We are done with winter, we are threw with the cold temperatures, putting away the sweaters, coats & mittens, and refusing to enduring another freezing cold, sleeting, rainy or worse yet snowy day! At Soft Shoe, we invite all to join us in welcoming Spring … officially on March 20th! In response to our being fed-up with Winter, we have brought out the cutest selection of women’s, men’s and children’s sandals, flip flops and walking/running shoes you’ll find in Central Kentucky.
Here’s a quick preview of our Spring/Summer collection for Women:
Here’s a quick preview of Men’s sandals & flip flops:
Here’s a quick preview of Children’s sandals, running shoes and flip flops:
Spring & Summer Festivals in Central Kentucky
With Winter quickly coming to an end, we welcome the season of festivals, outdoor music concerts, and community events. Good shoes lead to great places, as we say at Soft Shoe, because comfortable shoes make your journey easier and more enjoyable. Here’s a list of local events where you can take those new Spring shoes:
- May 12: Mayfest Arts Fair 2018. Mayfest is a juried art fair with a focus on casual, family-friendly atmosphere. Included are up to 100 ArtistvVendors, young artists, demonstrating artists and activity artists, performances by musicians, dancers, strolling performers and children’s activities. Located at Gratz Park, Lexington KY.
- May 25, 2018: 37th Annual Chamber Golf Tournament “Business on the Greens”. This is the largest golf tournament in Richmond KY and rotates between the four (4) courses in our area. Each year the event gathers up to 144 players from area businesses to network, promote their business and enjoy a great day of golf and camaraderie! More info.
- May 31-June 3, 2018: Great American Brass Band Festival. World-class bands come together in what has been called “the most prominent and unusual music festival in the country.” Centre College Campus, Danville, Kentucky. Located at Centre College Campus, Lexington KY.
- June 7-10, 2018: Festival of the Bluegrass at the Kentucky Horse Park. Annual jamboree featuring the best Bluegrass bands in Kentucky and top national performers.
- June 7-9. 2018: US 25 Yard Sale 2018. The US 25 Yard Sale is in its 7th year, and is the nation’s 10th largest yard sale event. The sale route runs from Claxton, Tennessee to Richwood, Kentucky. For more information visit us25yardsale.com
- June 8-9, 2018: Bluegrass BBQ Festival at Robert F. Stephens Courthouse, Lexington KY. The region’s top barbecue pitmasters will head to downtown Lexington – and everyone will eat – at the inaugural Big Ass® Bluegrass BBQ FEST and hosted by Smiley Pete Publishing. The festival will also feature a variety of beer and bourbon along with live blues and bluegrass musical performances.
- June 9, 2018: Shop Local Kentucky’s Beer Cheese Festival in Winchester KY. Every 2nd Saturday in June, beautiful, historic downtown Winchester comes alive with music, food, crafts, shopping, children’s activities, and of course, beer cheese. Each year the event attracts about 30,000 hungry shoppers.
- June 9, 2018: Bluegrass Creative Festival at Masterson Station Park, Lexington. The Bluegrass Creative Festival is a celebrarion of local artists, crafters, musicians, food and culture. With hundreds of handmade arts and crafts booths, there is something for everyone! Our variety of food trucks will be serving up some delicious food. We will have live bluegrass music from Grits & Soul, Uptown Blue, Custom Made Bluegrass, and Fresh Cut Grass. There will be hands-on art activities for the kids, inflatables, cotton, candy, face-painting, and more! More info.
- June 13-17, 2018: Playthink Movement & Art Festival 2018 at Homegrown Hideaways, Berea KY. PlayThink is a family festival and unconditionally welcomes all ages. It is a place for friends and families to discover together, have fun together, and create memories to last a lifetime. PlayThink is a celebration of art, sustainability, music, performance, movement, and life itself; full of unique opportunities for exploration, discovery, relaxation and connection. More info: Playthinkfest.com
- June 16, 2018: Well Crafted—Brews + Bands at Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill, Lexington. celebrates the quality and diversity of Kentucky’s music and craft beer cultures by bringing together a flavorful mix of regional craft breweries with favorite local musicians in a venue like no other. Sample over 40 brews in the craft beer tent while enjoying live music on two stages! More info.
- June 22, 2018: Taste of Richmond. The Taste of Richmond is an annual event that takes place in the heart of the Richmond Centre. It is a night of outdoor family fun featuring a live band and all you can eat tastings from Richmond’s finest restaurants and local dining establishments! More info.
- July 4, 2018: Fourth of July Spectacular 2018 in Berea KY. Our 4th of July Spectacular is a wonderful event with food, live music, and kid’s activities. Once it is dark, we end the evening with a fantastic firework display to celebrate our nation’s independence! For more information visit bereaky.gov/parks-recreation
- July 4, 2018: Fourth of July Festival in Downtown Lexington KY. Come downtown to celebrate America’s independence! There will be a street festival, concerts, vendors, an ice-cream eating contest and a parade! The fireworks will be held at The Arboretum.
- July 6 through September 7, 2018: Levitt Amp Music Series at Artisan Village, Berea KY. Friday nights in from 7-10pm for a family-friendly community block party! Featuring national, regional, and local live music and performance art, handmade arts and crafts vendors, Kentucky Proud local foods, performance art, children’s activities, and a family fun atmosphere.
- July 13-29, 2018: Festival of Learnshops 2018 in Berea KY. Two weeks packed with master craftsmen, artists, musicians, chefs, award-winning writers, and experts in sustainable living, giving you the unique experience of working with some of the region’s best artists and craftsmen. For more information: Festival of Learnshops
- July 19-22, 2018: Keeneland Concours d’Elegance at Keeneland Race Course. One hundred magnificent automobiles, fashion and art. More info.
- August 11-12, 2018: Crave Food + Music Festival at Bluegrass Fairgrounds at Masterton Station Park, Lexington. 50+ Local Restaurants & Food Trucks, Live Music, Classic Car Show, Craft Cocktails, Kids Activities: Bouncy Houses, Art, Face Painting & Lots More! More info.
- August 2018: Pops at the Park at White Hall, Richmond KY. POPS at the Park is an annual outdoor musical event held each August. Featuring a fun and light-hearted atmosphere with picnic dinners, a table decorating contest, and an idyllic Kentucky setting, the event started in 1983. More info.
- August 2018: Moontower Music Festival. This festival features 14 acts on two rotating stages. Come have a beer and some local grub and let’s jam! The Kentucky Proud food pavilion features a wide selection of sweet and savory food options, ingredients are sourced from Kentucky Proud farmers, producers and distributors. Healthy options, including vegan and vegetarian options are available! More info.
- August 2018: Lexington Jewish Food Festival 2018 in Lexington KY. The mouth-watering menu includes matzo ball soup, falafel, pastrami on rye, chopped liver, borscht, kugel, knishes, challah bread, rugelach and so much more.
- September 7-9, 2018: KY State BBQ Festival in Danville KY. 8 CELEBRITY PITMASTERS: Award-winning Pitmasters from around the country will be cooking their best BBQ all weekend. 8 Live Bands: Top bands from throughout the U.S. will be playing your favorite music. Our Saturday Night Blues Party features the best of the best. Backyard BBQ Competition: Bring your “A game” and be ready to throw down in downtown! More info.
- September 14-15, 2018: Festival Latino de Lexington. With live music, dance, visual arts and authentic cuisine, there is plenty to explore and enjoy over this two-day event. Friday night is tropical night and will include authentic Latino foods, live music and dancing. The festival is presented by Lexington Parks & Recreation and the Foundation for Latin American and Latino Culture and Arts. More info.
- September 20, 2018: City Fest at EKU Campus. Over the past fifteen years this event has provided businesses the opportunity to market their products and/or services to EKU students, faculty, staff AND the entire community. More info.
- September 21-23, 2018: Spoonbread Festival 2018 in Berea KY. Hot air balloons, live music, 5K run, arts and crafts, car show, dog show, motorcycle events, corn hole tournament, antique tractor show, carnival rides, a parade and delicious spoonbread. For more information: spoonbreadfestival.com
Birkenstock Giveaway with Space Place & Grace
We are collaborating with local blogger, Sarah Caton for our Spring Shoe Giveaway of one pair of Birkenstocks! Sarah is a Kentucky-based blogger, brand strategist and photographer with interests in feminism, entrepreneurship, food, and fashion. She is a fervent feminist and is passionate about professionalism; so she offers community classes about self-care, social media, & personal development to build stronger identity and workplace confidence for millennials. Visit her site: spaceplaceandsoutherngrace.com
How to Enter:
To enter our Birkenstocks Giveaway, visit @spaceplaceandgrace Instagram page for details, direction and entry. Unlimited entries are accepted! Tag one REAL account per comment, each comment is a separate entry. Men’s & Women’s styles of the Birkenstocks are available. Our Spring Giveaway runs until March 19th at 9 PM. One random winner will be notified via Instagram direct message.